Monday, January 14, 2008

how surreal



I remember you! Almost like I fell asleep watching you and woke up, and there you were again! Yeah, sounds ridiculous, (grabs my camera) I know you are a different bird from years ago. Want a cheezit? (snaps a shot) How surreal. Everything is the same—there is Wal-Mart over there and McDonald’s , the palm trees even look the same…but it’s not the same, it looks like it’s all been almost drained of something, I can’t tell what. Even you, little bird, you looked familiar, but I could blink my eyes and you’d be gone—wait!

9 comments:

runnerfrog said...

Deja Vu! I've had a very few ones.

Shocking Oliviah said...

Well hello C.! It surprises me when people visit this blog since I don't really promote it. Deja Vu is the strangest feeling, isn't it? Kinda neat, in a way.

runnerfrog said...

And finding me here might be like a Deja Vu too ;-) I feel I've been here before.

Shocking Oliviah said...

You do look a bit familiar.... :-O

tsduff said...

Oliviah - this is my dear friend the crow. Isn't he lovely! Not a grackel... I'm still undecided about your other cute black bird picture but this one I know. Perfect :)

Shocking Oliviah said...

Yay Terry! I have some other pictures of that cute one and I think....it is a baby...and I have a picture of it and another one that looks like a mom but I need you to be the judge! And another picture of it looking like it is squatting, squalling for food...really a better picture than the one you have seen...I think I want to use that one for a profile picture, it is so cute. Sigh. Oh, do I loves 'em. :-)

Will Doohan said...

Blackbird singin' in the dead of night...
take these broken wings...and learn to fly....
all your life....
you were only waiting for this moment to arrive....
Blackbird fly.....
Blackbird fly......
into the heart of the dark black night.

Shocking Oliviah said...

I like this song. :-)

tsduff said...

You even got him talking! Great Great SHOT! (we crows have lots to say :))